RESTRUCTURING AND TURNAROUND EXPERIENCE
We have a wealth of restructuring and turnaround experience across a wide range of sectors.
If your business has begun to run into difficulties, seeking our advice early can result in problems being avoided or resolved, without having to stop trading, via various routes.
Early consultation with us can offer you several advantages. For example, you may be able to:
- Continue to trade and offer services to your customers
- Protect your assets, work in progress and brand reputation
- Safeguard employee jobs
- Reduce costs from defending legal actions
- Protect the business viability and strength
- Remove loss making parts of the business
- Mitigate against personal liability of directors for claims of wrongful trading
Alternatively, we can provide assistance to
- Support a sale of all or part of the business
- Hive off underperforming divisions
- Wind down the business operations and close trade
- Enter formal insolvency, if no alternatives are available. This will allow the business to enter the process in a controlled manner.
Review your business
To maintain a competitive edge, a regular review of your business structure is good practice. Innovative restructuring covers a wide range of core components including
- Product mix or service
- Marketing strategy – digital platforms
- Staffing/organisation structure
- Accounting and payroll systems/finance
- Networking/stakeholder communications
- Cashflow, working capital and liquidity
All of these core components should be continually assessed in business and from time to time fundamental change may be required. Dunedin Advisory can assist with the review of the above and help you implement an action plan appropriate for your business.
Why is restructuring required?
Restructuring can be required for:
- Planned change in ownership
- Separation of business divisions or service lines into distinct business entities
- Succession planning
- Future protection from possible previous actions
- Removal of non-profitable parts of the business and/or an exit from onerous commitments
- Change in staff roles and responsibilities
- Legislative changes impacting on your business/trade
- Becoming investor ready
- Improve business profitability
- Implement continuous improvement and keep up-to-date with new technology/digital advances
- Lead towards a future sale of your business
- To incorporate an exit strategy
Restructuring is a healthy mechanism generally without any insolvency, however if any aspect of the business is insolvent, then a restructuring plan can include the use of a formal appointment in a positive manner.
Where we help you
Our team have extensive experience working with SME business owners to support forward business planning, and implementation of the necessary actions.
If the structure of your business no longer suits your trading or shareholder aspirations or if you simply want to improve your business and you would like more information on the options leading to structural change, our team can:
- Review your current business structure, financial commitments and ongoing trading requirements
- Identify the options that may suit your requirements, setting out the advantages and actions required
- Assist in the implementation of structural change
- Support you communicating your strategy with key stakeholders
How we can help
Our services include:
- Business consultancy and advice outwith formal appointment
- Independent business review
- Business Debt Arrangement Scheme (BDAS)
- Company voluntary arrangement (CVA)
- Members Voluntary Liquidation/S110 Reconstruction (MVL)
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidation (CVL)
- Compulsory Liquidation (WUC).
- Time to pay (HMRC and other institutions)
- Directors Duties
We will help you assess your situation, explore your options, provide you with advice and develop a solution for you. To arrange a free, no obligation consultation click here or call 01592 630 085.
Free Options Review
Get in touch with us for a free, confidential discussion about your situation and your possible next steps. Please call us on 01592 630085, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.